Thursday, October 9, 2008

I was Born Under A Wand'rin' Star.

Like the "Paint Your Wagon" movie character, Ben Rumsom, played by Lee Marvin I was born under a wandering star. "Wheels are made for rolling" and I never saw a sight that didn't "look better looking back". The lyrics to this song match Marvin's rough voice. You can find a short video of Marvin singing this song on You Tube.
This picture shows the condition of the car I drove from Dawson City to Inuvik by way of the Dempster Highway.

2 comments:

Sharon Cobb said...

I love that video and I especially love your photograph. I think you should title it, "The Long and Winding Road." YES! That's it!!

If you do any video with the stills that's definitely the music for it, and should still be the name of the photo.

I look forward to seeing more photos!

Nate Lenow said...

Sharon,

"The Long and Winding Road" definitely defines the Dempster Highway.

I am planning on adding more pictures and some videos in the weeks ahead.

Thanks for commenting.

Nate